Thursday, June 10, 2010

#33 in your program #1 in your hearts...


But #100 according to Entertainment Weekly. Tim "Me Time" Riggins was selected to Entertainment Magazines 100 Greatest Characters of the Last 20 Years. Although they have him listed at #100 it's a pretty big honor considering the company he is mentioned along with. Most notably Napoleon Dynamite, Tony Stark, House, Tyler Durden, John Locke, Dexter, Stewie Griffin, Tony Soprano, Omar Little, Sue Sylvester and Homer Simpson. There are some questionable selections such as Hancock, Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, Wilhelmina from Ugly Betty and Juno. I'm surprised Charlie Harper from Two and a Half Men got snubbed. People love that show, not me, but "people." The only time I will watch that show is when they show it on plane and my iPhone battery is dead. Love that a real life womanizer like Charlie Sheen who basically plays himself is left off but How I Met Your Mother's resident ladies man, Barney Stinson, played by an openly gay Neil Patrick Harris does. NPH is a genius and Barney is...wait for it...AWESOME! Whaddup?!?! Buddy Garrity could have made this list too in my opinion along with Eric Taylor.

3 comments:

  1. As happy as I was to see Rigs make the list, I was very disappointed in a couple things.
    1)Did they really not put Kramer #1?
    2)George Costanza not even in the top 100?
    3)And last but not least no room for Hollywood Mike Miranda from Rad?
    I have to question the validity of this “list”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lists are made to be debated and this one is no exception. I was upset to see Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm didn't make the cut. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5w02NvSyI
    Maybe they were prejudiced against people who have no credit cards. "Why you got no credit cards? You got no credit cards at all?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to beleive Barack Obeezy didn't make that list of "characters" either, now that i think of it.

    ReplyDelete