Monday, May 23, 2011

Get Your Swerve On


Eric was dynamic as ever and said volumes with his actions and behavior. The scene where he watched Gracie sleeping as Julie looked in was so telling. Have we ever known Eric to walk out on a practice or be late for a game. When he chased Julie down the hall I stood up in my living room. That was REAL. One of the most laughable moments was when she told Tammi she maybe needed to go to Europe. YEAH RIGHT! Get in that car Julie and go face the music.
What a beat down by Vince's dad. There's taking care of things and then there's that. He should have pulled that trigger though. No chance that moment of mercy doesn't come back to haunt him. I'm also a little worried about Ornette's motivations about protecting Vince. He must have said five times to just stay focused on football. I think he sees a meal ticket in Vince. From the previews it looked like he will try to get involved with the college recruiting and knock heads with Eric. While I really liked his speech at the table about his time in jail, I can't help but think of Cam Newton's dad here. He did have a great line though when he told Vince "let's go be social, ladies be waitin."

I so wanted to see more of Tim's recruiting video. I thought Billy should have had Luke watch it. He did a great job with the pre game speech. Mindy was great as she counseled Becky and pushed her into her "Hottie Farm Boy's" arms but made sure to warn her about safe sex and all that "mommy talk."

Nice attnetion to detail when they had Billy assure Tim that he had been making all the payments on the peice of land he bought.

One thing is for certain, the Lions are for real. Eric is going to be lured away it looks like by a head coaching job. Does he take it and make Luke and Vince his prize recruits? We'll have to see. I think he leaves and Billy takes over the team. The speech was a bit of foreshadowing I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment